SUMMARY OF MAGOHA’S SPEECH TODAY;
1. Decisions regarding the reopening of learning institutions may change as informed by reports obtained from the Ministry of Health, prevailing circumstances and increased knowledge of COVID-19.
2.We have looked at all aspects and we – as stakeholders – have come to a consensus that indeed it is time to relook this process (reopening of schools) … the doctor has told us the curve is flattening.
3. The President, in his last address, was crystal clear that within 3 weeks there would be a larger stakeholders’ conference headed by CS Matiang’i and CS Kagwe. That meeting will take place sometimes around or before September 25th.
4. All that was being said and printed in the newspapers were your opinions, there is only one bonafide spokesperson for the Ministry of Education and that person, for the time being, is the Cabinet Secretary, who happens to be my most humble self.
5. Whoever wants us to continue fighting with Sossion has failed miserably, you can ignore the message that went across that Sossion is opposing what we’re doing. It is not true.
6. BOM teachers should now actually have been paid… the Cabinet and the government approved their payment over six weeks ago…so let us not waste so much energy discussing non-issues