Jobs at Aga Khan University Hospital
Jobs at Aga Khan University Hospital
Dental Assistant, Main Dental at Aga Khan University Hospital
- Support dental care delivery by preparing treatment room, instruments and materials by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Prepare patient for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting, seating, review the health form and draping patient.
- Provide relevant information to patient and employees by answering questions and requests.
- Assemble instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering instruments to treatment area, positioning instruments for dentists’ access, suctioning and passing instruments.
- Apply the four-handed/ Four-eyes dentistry concept.
- Assist the dentist by mixing materials.
- Provide diagnostic information by capturing intra oral photo studies, pulp vitality testing and pouring, trimming and polishing study casts.
- Assist with specialty procedures which include periodontal therapy, endodontic, prosthodontics, oral surgery and implant placement as well as restoration.
- Anticipate specialists/surgeons needs at each stage of treatment.
- Fabricating temporary restoration, shade selection and cleaning and polishing removable appliances.
- Help dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining CPR certification.
- Attend to emergency or walk-in patients as directed by dentist.
- Educate patients by giving oral hygiene, plaque control and postoperative instructions including medication prescribed by the dentist.
- Document dental care services by charting in patient records on dental software.
- Diploma in Community Health or equivalent
- 2 years post internship experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good communication skills
Manager, Adult A&E at Aga Khan University Hospital
- Leads the team in formulation, implementation and evaluation of annual goals and objectives in accordance with departmental and Hospital strategic objectives.
- Fosters pleasant working environment through motivational leadership style to enhance job satisfaction amongst the staff.
- Demonstrates effective counseling and coaching
- strategies in a diverse workforce setting
- Leads the team in development, implementation and review of policies, procedures, protocols, and care guidelines based on international standards
- Participates in the budget process and ensures unit
- based control of operational costs based on institutional targets
- Networks and collaborative with other stakeholders in patient care
- Participates in hospital activities as appropriate
- Leads the team in CQI projects, Clinical Care Program certification (CCPC) and ensures multidisciplinary participation.
- Ensures that the assigned unit meets regulatory and accreditation requirements.
- Continuously initiates innovative and evidence based strategies to improve quality of patient care
- Leads the team in evaluation of care and outcomes
- through Root Cause Analysis of incidences, Mortality and Morbidity discussions, and clinical indicators
- Employs effective change management strategies to support staff in enhancement of safe patient care
- Promotes nursing research and acts as a resource person for staff
- Responsible for the recruitment, selection, orientation and on- going training of the Nursing team
- Ensures staff acquire and maintain the relevant skills,
- knowledge and competencies appropriate for the unit
- Undertakes performance reviews of staff and develops action plans to ensure individual staff growth.
- Provides effective supervision to nursing staff, and
- utilizes learning opportunities for their development
- Ensures staff coverage and skill mix for safe and effective patient care
- Develops and implements nursing retention strategies to reduce tum-over of nursing staff
- Designs proactive and innovative ways to enhance customer satisfaction
- Monitors staff and client satisfaction with services in assigned unit and takes appropriate action to close gaps
- Responds to client complaints in a timely manner by solving the problem or alerting the relevant persons
- Escalates client issues to the appropriate persons
- Registered Nurse with current licensure with the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (B.Sc. in Nursing)
- Minimum of 5 years clinical nursing experience in acute care hospital.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Demonstrate expert knowledge and skills in area of responsibility
- Demonstrates leadership and management skills.
- Displays professionalism in all areas of work
- Effective communicator at both operational and interpersonal settings