The Kenya National Examinations Council (Knec) has contracted 242,406 teachers to administer the 2021 – 2022 Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) and Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) exams; which will be done in March/April this year (2022).
According to TSC Boss, Dr. Nancy Macharia, the Commission has already made the teachers available for assignment by KNEC.
“Careful Selection of 242,406 Teachers to Support 2021 Exam Process On behalf of the TSC (has been done by Knec).” Says Dr Macharia.
“I wish to assure the country that all the teachers are fully prepared to play their part to ensure that everything comes together as planned in the entire period of the national examinations. This year, the Commission has identified and vetted 242,406 teachers who will be presented to the Kenya National Examination Council to serve as invigilators, supervisors, centre managers and examiners during this process.” She adds.
She says only the best cream of teachers, those who do not have any known disciplinary issues, have been identified as part of the Commission’s determination to guarantee integrity in examination administration.
List of Centre Invigilators and Supervisors
The contracted professionals who include Centre Managers (Principals and Head Teachers), Supervisors, Invigilators and Security Personnel are expected to update their details online and download their invitation letters at https://cp2.knec.ac.ke/Professionals.
Deployments have been done by the Ministry of Education Sub County Directors of Education and Teachers Service Commission (TSC) Sub County Directors in every sub-county.
Nominated professionals shall then be notified via SMS and/or email as soon as the exercise is complete.
The Council has posted the list of selected invigilators and Supervisor(s) for particular Centres/ schools on respective school’s account in the Knec portal.
Centre managers (school heads and Principals) can now log onto the portal and check the list.
The list contains the names of the contracted professionals, positions ( Centre Manager, Supervisor or Invigilator) Gender and National Identity Card (ID) number.
Also to be available on the portal are: Examination Centre details (Centre code and name), Location of centre , Examination materials Distribution Centre Details, Distance from the Distribution Centre and the registered number of Candidates.
How to access the list Knec Contracted Professionals list
To get the list of contracted professionals, assigned to your school, use the procedure below;
- Log onto the KNEC contracted portal by using the official address; https://cp2.knec.ac.ke
- Enter the User Name (Starting with KCSECentre code) and password (Specific to each centre and held by the centre manager).
- Next, input the approximate distance between the centre/ school and exam distribution centre.
- Then log onto the centre’s account.
How contracted professionals can update their data online.
To update your contracted Professionals’ data, you are expected to;
- Visit the KNEC contracted professionals’ portal by using the address/ URL; https://cp2.knec.ac.ke
- For a new user, click on ‘CREATE ACCOUNT’ tab.
- Then, enter your mobile phone number in the format 2547….., confirm the mobile phone number (by re-entering it) and click on ‘CREATE ACCOUNT’.
- You will receive a successful account creation message on your window.
- Your User Name and Password will be sent to the Phone number that you registered.
- Now log onto the Portal by entering your User Name (which is in the format) 2547….. and your secret password. Enter them into home page at https://cp2.knec.ac.ke and click on ‘LOG IN’.
- Once logged in, Provide your personal and other required information like: Full name, Year of Birth, Gender, National ID Number, KRA PIN Number, Email, Highest Qualification, Current Work Station and Next of Kin Details. Then click on ‘SAVE’.
How Knec Contracted Professionals can Download their Invitation Letters
To download the knec Professionals’ contracted letters, use the procedure below:
- Log onto the knec contracted professionals portal by using the link; http://cp2.knec.ac.ke/Professionals.
- Click on the ‘Dash Board’ tab and check under deployments. See the Centre where you have been assigned to execute your duties.
- The table below will be displayed;
Exam Duty Station Position Actions
- Under the ‘Actions’ column, click on the ‘Download Appointment Letter’ link to get your letter.