The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service has opened the online application system for inter-institutional transfer (IIT) applications. The application is open for KCSE candidates who have been successfully placed in various universities and TVET institutions but wish to transfer to other institutions. The portal for inter-institution application will be open for a period of two (2) months from June 15, 2020 to August 15, 2020.
- All applications for inter-institution transfers MUST be submitted online through the Student’s Portal (students.kuccps.net). The entire process is automated and printing the filled application form will no longer be necessary.
- Detailed guidelines for the IIT application are available on the portal.
- The IIT processing fee should be paid only after the applicant has successfully completed the necessary steps in the application process following the instructions provided in the portal. Do not make any prior payment.
- Applicants are cautioned against sending money to any individual purporting to be in a position to assist them. The Placement Service does not require applicants to send money to any mobile phone numbers.
- Transfer processing fee shall be paid to the KUCCPS MPESA Pay Bill No.820201.
- Please read and follow all instructions provided.
Inter-Institutions transfer process involves the following steps:
- The student initiates an online transfer application and submits to the receiving institution.
- The receiving institution endorses the transfer applications received through their institution portal and submit.
- The releasing institution receives the application and clears the student(applicant) through their institutions portal and submits
- The endorsed application comes to the CEO,KUCCPS for approval where a tranfer letter will be generated and accessed by the applicant and the two institutions involved.
- The applicant downloads the approved transfer letter and presents the same to the receiving institution for admission and joining instructions
UPDATE : Transfer Forms can now be filled online. You don’t have to present them to the university of transfer physically.
NOTE 1: You will be required to pay ksh. 1,000 for inter inter institution transfer. Only proceed if you fully understand the transfer application instructions.
NOTE 3: Only KCSE 2018 and 2019 candidates are eligible for transfer.
NOTE 4: Change of course within the same University should be done after reporting at your University not through KUCCPS portal.
For further assistance, contact the Placement Service through the numbers 020 5137400, 0723 954 927 and 0734 879 662. You may also email us to [email protected] or visit our Facebook page The.Placement.Service and Twitter Handle @KUCCPS_Official