The Government School, Kabianga, was started in 1925. Kabianga Teachers’ Training College existed between 1929 and 1963, when the College was moved to the present Kericho Teachers Traininng College. After the relocation, Kabianga Farmers Training Centre was established in 1959 at the premises. Its objective was to serve as an Agricultural Training facility for farmers from the South Rift and beyond. Kabianga Farmers Training Centre became Kabianga Campus of Moi University in May 2007. In May 2009, the university campus was elevated to a university college and on 1 March 2013 it was awarded charter by H.E, Hon. Mwai Kibaki and became a fully fledged university.
The University is situated in the famous and lush tea-growing highlands of Kericho in the South-Western end of the Rift Valley Province of Kenya and within the proximity of the famous multinational tea growing companies, Unilever, James Finlay, and George Williamson. It is located approximately 26 km from Kericho Town and is about 6.2 km off road a junction called Kabianga Dairies, formerly ‘Premier Dairies’ on Kericho-Kisii road. Nearby shopping centers are Chepnyogaa market and Kabianga market. These markets are known for high-value cattle auctions and other businesses.
The surrounding community consists of the Kipsigis speakers. This community is known for mixed farming. The main agricultural activity being dairy farming.
The university of Kabianga is located in Kericho west district. It is situated in the famous and lush tea growing highlands of Kericho in the southwest of the riftvalley province Kenya. It is approximately 26km off Kericho town,and about 6.2km off road a junction called premier.
The Versity contacts:
- Address; P.O Box 2030,20200 kericho, Kenya.
- Location; kericho county.
- Email; firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Versity website;www.kabianga.ac.ke.
Kabianga university campuses.
- Kaptet campus
- Main campus
- Sigor campus
- Kericho Settellite campus.
SCHOOLS UNDER THE UNIVERSITY
- School of science and technology.
- School of businesses and economics
- School of education and social sciences.
- School of agriculture and biotechnology.
- School of natural resource and environmental management.
- A copy of admission letter.
- Two copies of your national ID.
- Two copies of K.C.S.E certificates.
- Four coloured passports.
Bridging Courses offered in the Versity.
- Bridging course in biology.
- Bridging course in physics.
- Bridging course in chemistry.
- Bridging course in mathematics
Courses Offered And Entry Requirements At Kabianga University
The versity is located in the famous and lashes Tea growing Highlands of Kericho District, this is in the Southern end of Rift Valley province of Kenya, it is about 26 kilometers from Kericho town and 6 Kilometers off Kericho- Kisii road. The college is a constituent of Moi University, the vision of the college is Naturing Innovation and Talent. The Kabianga history date back in the 1950’s it has been a training complex including Kabianga Primary School andn Kabianga Secondary School, it has been a training center for excellence for farmers. The current Kericho teachers training college was situated at the Kabianga Training complex until early 1960’s and it relocated to Kericho town. Email: email@example.com.
School of Education and Social Sciences
The two Courses offered under this department include;
Bachelor of Education (Arts) and Bachelor of Education (Science),the admission requirement for these Courses include;
- Minimum mean grade of C+ at KCSE or
- A diploma holder in Education from recognized institution ( the admission takes place at the 2nd year of study
- Applicants with P1 and S1 Certificates may be considered for Bachelor of Education (Early child hood and Primary Education, Guidance and Counseling, the applicant joins the first year of study
- Applicants of Bachelor of Education must have at least grade C (plain) in Mathematics at KCSE level.
BSc Communication and Public Relations
The admission requirements for this course include;
- Minimum grade of C+ in KCSE level and at least C+ in English and C(plain) in Mathematics or
- A Diploma in Public Relations, Journalism, IT or Human Resource Management with a Distinction or Credit on the same.
School of Business and Economics
The courses offered in this department include; Bachelor of Business Management, the admission requirement for this course includes the following;
- KCSE mean grade of C+ and at least C(plain) in Mathematics or Accounts or Commerce and English at KCSE level or
- 2 principal passes and one subsidiary pass at A level and at least pass in Mathematics and English at O level or
- CPA/ CPS holders from recognized Institutions (maybe admitted in the second year or 3rd year of study ) or
- Ordinary or HND Diploma holders in Business related course from recognized institution (maybe admitted in the 2nd or 3rd year of study).
BSc Human Resource Management
The admission requirements to this course are as follows;
- Mean grade of C+ and at least C (plain) in English and C (plain) in Mathematics or Diploma in Human Resource Management or Business related field with Distinction or Credit.
Bachelor of Art (Economics)
- Mean grade of C+ at KCSE and at least C (plain)in English and Mathematics or
- Two principal passes at A level or
- A diploma in development related field
School of Science and Technology
The courses offered in this department include;
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.), B.Sc. (Computer science), BSc (Applied Statistics with Computing). The admission requirements for this course include the following;
- A minimum grade of C+ at KCSE leve or its equivalent and at least a C+ in Mathematics, physics or Physical Sciences or
- Two principal passes one of which must be in Mathematics or Physics at A level or
- KNEC diploma in Computer studies or its equivalent from recognized institution.
School of Agriculture and Biotechnology
Courses offered are; BSc (Horticultural Sciences and Management) and BSc (Horticultural Bio-systems and Management)
School of Natural Resources Management, the degree offered under this School is Bachelor of Science (Agro- forestry and Rural Development)
New programs in the University
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharm).
- Bachelor of Arts (Public Administration).
- Bachelor of Science (Biochemistry).