The Commission developed a new Teacher Performance Appraisal and Development (TPAD) online system. This was to ease the reporting of the performance of teachers through the appraisal system.
The system was opened For term 2 2020 on 12th October 2020 and closed on 31st December 2020. This was after schools were opened and all teachers required to report to their work stations as per Circular No. 12/2020.
Also, the Ministry of Education announced the reopening of schools for term 3 for grade 4, class 8 and form four learners. In this regard, the TPAD system will be opened for term 3 for grade 4, class 8 and form 4 teachers and term 2 for teachers of the grade 1,2,3, class 5,6,7 and form I, 2 and 3 will be opened from 11th January 2021 to 26th March 2021.
When the TPAD 2 portal is open, teachers are able to perform the following tasks:
- Create a TPAD 2 Account and Log in
- Schedule an Appraisal Rating Meeting online
- Undertake Lesson Observation
- Capture learner progress records
- Fill weekly lesson attendance data
- Reach an agreement on Appraisee and Appraiser marks plus countersigning
Create a lesson observation request
In a Memo to the County directors of education, TSC has asked the Directors to ensure;
- All teachers create appraisal depending on the classes they teach i.e. Teachers teaching grade 4, class 8 and Form 4 should create appraisal for term 3 whereas the teachers teaching the other classes should create for term 2. This only applies to primary and secondary schools.
- Submit a list of schools missing from the TPAD system in your respective Counties.
- Submit a list of schools yet to be provided with IPPD codes in your respective counties.
- That all teachers are mapped in their respective schools, zones, sub-counties and counties respectively.
- Submit a list of teachers yet to appear on TPAD online system (kindly provide their TSC numbers and work stations].
- Inform all heads of the institution that the Performance Contract (PC] for heads of the institution and the PC calendar has been uploaded in the TPAD online system. All heads of institutions should start filling their Performance Contract by developing the operational work plan by the 11th January 2021.
- Generate appraisal reports from the TPAD online system. Where there are discrepancies of the total number or appraisals exceeding the total number of teachers, establish the root cause and take necessary aCtion.
It has also come to the attention of the Commission that teachers are not getting adequate support in navigating the TPAD online system from field officers. This is due to the several inquiries being raised through different communication channels of the Commission. This has been noted even after County Directors, County ICT officers and other field officers have been assigned rights in the TPAD online system [see attached matrix]. You are required to ensure that teachers are supported as part of effective service delivery.