WHAT SHOULD CANDIDATES DO FOR BETTER PERFORMANCE IN FINAL EXAMS?
Dear Parents, Teachers & Candidates,
Please read this quid lines carefully. Teachers & parents to advertise their candidates carefully.
Let’s be Mentors to others for prosperity…..
HERE ARE THE TOP 50 THINGS THAT EVERY CANDIDATE SHOULD KNOW BEFORE KCSE.
- Put God first.
- Before KCSE begins make peace with Chem, Bio, Physics and Mathematics.
- NEVER EVER leave a blank space in KCSE.
- Do not be overconfident.
- Do not be underconfident.
- Avoid a cheating mentality.
- Focus on the exit behaviour, not the entry behaviour.
- Getting an A is easy. Getting an E is easy. Choose your easy.
- Maintain good DISCIPLINE until the LAST MINUTE.
- Face the KCSE exam with sobriety.
- KCSE is just like any other exam, the only difference is the centrality of marking.
- Understand that academic greatness loves organisation, consistency and preparation.
- Avoid sluggish movement. Your brain functions as first as your legs.
- KCSE is not a measure of intelligence but a filter to campus.
- Ensure the answer spaces provided are fully filled.
- Have a visible handwriting.
- Study from your own notes.
- List all the topics from form one to form four then identify which ones come in Paper 1, Paper 2 and Paper 3.
- Start with the long answer questions then the short answer questions.
- Do not sleep on the locker when the paper is on session.
- Avoid going to the washroom when the paper is on session to avoid distracting others.
- Avoid answering KCSE questions with green or black pen. Use blue pen only.
- If possible, after KCSE begins take a shower twice a day.
- Make news, do not watch the news.
- If possible, every evening take an evening run then have a cold shower thereafter.
- If possible, have a morning run then take a cold shower before going for morning preps.
- After KCSE has began, STOP sleeping at 1AM and waking up at 3AM.
- It’s about making time, not managing time.
- Train yourself to answer one mark within one minute.
- Believe in yourself.
- Last minute can save a man.
- During the exam period, avoid eating foods that you’re not used to. They might lead to stomach upsets.
- If you’re a border, avoid calling home during KCSE period. They might give you news that will affect your state of mind.
- Help others who ask for help. You’re not competing with your classmates.
- Spend the first 7 minutes skimming and scanning all the questions without answering. This helps your mind to start thinking about the answers.
- You didn’t reach form four only to reach form four.
- Not everyone is happy with you finishing form four, the best revenge is massive success.
- At this moment, teachers can either be a blessing to you or otherwise. Be careful.
- Consult. Consult. Consult.
- Do not worry about campus fees, it will come.
- Do it for the parents, do it for the school, do it for you.
- Do not take your life because of KCSE results.
- Use your chance well, do not waste it only to come to repeat form four again.
- Education is not the only key to success, it is one of the keys to success.
- School is not over after KCSE, the real school of life begins after KCSE.
- Don’t think about the failures of your parents, think about the success of your future kids.
- It’s not about how you began but how you finish.
- University is a place to network, interact and connect.
- Campus can either make or destroy you. Choose your campus friends wisely.
- Going to campus doesn’t automatically mean that you’ll become successful in life, but going to campus INCREASES your chances of becoming successful in life.
Ensure your Academic Mentorship Programs revolve around Syllabus Coverage Techniques, Syllabus Understanding Strategies, Content Mastery, Content Retention, Content Delivery, Proper Revision Techniques, Time Management Strategies, Working Timetable, Study Book, Classroom/ Staffroom Inter co-ordination, Academic Cultures, Study Habits, among other great topics.
I wish all Candidates Good Luck!
By Chilla Solomon 15th February, 2022 at 10:38:55pm