This is a promotional grade for primary school teachers.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPOINTMENT
To qualify for promotion to the grade of Primary Teacher I, a teacher must:-
- have served as Primary Teacher II T-Scale 5 for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- have satisfactory rating in the performance appraisal process;
- have successfully undertaken the relevant TPD modules;
- have a valid Teaching Certificate;
- have demonstrated mastery of classroom management;
- meet the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution; and vii. any other requirement the Commission may deem necessary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties of a teacher at this level shall be to:-
- prepare lesson plans, lesson notes, timetables, schemes of work and maintain academic standards in the school to ensure that the syllabus is covered in time for evaluation;
- teach the subjects of specialization and impart knowledge, skills and attitudes to learner;
- evaluate the learners in subjects of specialisation and prepare learners for national and other examination;
- introduce new ideas and programmes for improvement in teaching and learning in subjects of specialisation;
- ensure safety and health of learners;
- ensure cleanliness of the school compound and tidiness of learners; vii. ensure consistency and improvement in curriculum delivery through teamwork and collaborative planning;
- serve as a role model and maintain learner discipline to create a conducive environment for learning;
- provide guidance and counselling services to learners to instil norms and values for harmonious co-existence;
- participate in workshops/seminars/symposiums to share ideas, and enhance knowledge in subject areas;
- engage learners in curricular and co-curricular activities so as to identify, nurture and develop talents; and
- organize remedial actions for learners with performance gaps.