Article 237 of the Teachers Service Commission Act of 2012 mandates that the commission registers all qualified teachers before they can teach in any public or private institution.
A teacher who meets the registration requirements will be issued a certificate of registration with a TSC number within 30 days.
Read also: July 2022 recruitment merit lists per county
Every year, the names of all registered teachers will be published.
Applicants must apply for registration online, and a user guide is available.
The following documents should be scanned and uploaded:
- Certified copies of academic and professional certificates
- National identity card
- Bank slip
- One passport-size photo
- KRA pin
- GP69 form
- Certificate of good conduct
- Entry and work permits for non-Kenyans.
- For registration, one is required to deposit Ksh 1,060 through Direct Banking or Simple
- Banking. (KSh 1,000 is a non-refundable registration fee and Ksh 60 for Bank Commission Charge to the TSC).
- For an application for a duplicate certificate, one is required to deposit KSh 2,060 (KSh 2,000 is a non-refundable application fee and Ksh 60 for Bank Commission Charge to the TSC).
The amounts are payable to National Bank of Kenya Ltd, Harambee Avenue branch, Account Name:
TSC-Secretariat Account Number: 01001005707400 *Only original documents should be scanned