Congratulations for getting admission at Mount Kenya University after your successful application. Students joining the university are under the Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service, KCCPS.
Despite the fact that Mount Kenya university is a private university, the government of Kenya always pays the fees to government sponsored students at the university. Hence not only the Private sponsored students can download the admission letters but also the government sponsored students.
Thee students are normally selected to any university including Mount Kenya University after sitting for their Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education, KCSE, examination and getting the minimum University entry requirement of a C plus. Though mount Kenya university’s admission includes students going to take diploma courses.
The KCSE students must always first apply to KUCCPS to be selected to preferred programmes. The students can apply at school level or apply individually during the first and second revision windows with their smartphones,desktops and laptops.
Immediately the applications are closed, KUCCPS then places the KCSE students in preferred courses depending on the student’s score, number of available vacancies against applicants among other selection criteria. In not satisfied with the University that you have been selected to join then you can apply for Inter-Institution Transfer.
The placement body then announces the selection results and students can access the admission lists and download their admission letters. Some universities can send you an email to direct you to where to download their admission letters.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD THE Mount Kenya UNIVERSITY ADMISSION LETTER
To download the Mount Kenya. University Admission letter;
- Access the KUCCPS Admission Letters Link at the KUCCPS portal
- Enter your KCSE Index Number (Please include the year in the index number. e.g.xxxxxxxxxxx2018 and not xxxxxxxxxxx/2018).
- Click the “Submit Querry” button to download your admission letter.
- Print the Admission letter and read the instructions keenly. In case you have queries, please direct them to the University by using the official (provided) contacts on your admission letter.
THE UNIVERSITY ADMISSION LETTER
The Mount Kenya admission letter is an important document that enables a prospective student to prepare adequately before joining the institution. Contents of the University admission letter are:
- Your Admission Number
- Your Name
- Your Postal Address and other contact details
- The Course you have been selected to pursue.
- Reporting dates
- What to carry during admission; Original and Copies of your academic certificates, national identity card/ passport, NHIF Card, Coloured Passports and Duly filled registration forms accessible at the university’s website.
- Fees payable and payment details
Other documents that should be downloaded alongside the Murang’a University of Technology admission letter are:
- Acceptance Form
- Student’s Regulations Declaration
- Accommodation Declaration
- Medical Form
- Emergency operation consent
- Student Data sheet
- Application for Hostel Form
- Student Personal Details Form
- University Rules and regulations
- Fee programme structure
These documents should be printed.
These documents should be returned to the Murang’a University o
before or during admissions; depending on the instructions from the university.